Sunday 24 October 2010

Orlando =)

Orlando
After losing my 16 year old cat, Spider 3 years ago and my 18 year old cat, Peanut on 11th September this year, I realised how much I missed my furry feline around me and decided to have a look at Llys Nini.
We adopted gorgeous Orlando on Friday 15th October 2010 from Llys Nini.  It was so hard walking past all the enclosures but when we got to her enclosure she made us stop in our tracks she was so endearing and amusing we had to meet her.
We brought our 4 year old boy with us, and we went in to meet her, ooh, she was a little ''hiss and spit'', very jumpy, if she could'nt see your hand coming.  We did not know much about her background, she was abandoned in Swansea and was appx 2 years old so we did not know what she had been through.
Our second visit, she scrammed me on my thumb, I was dubious due to my son and even suggested to my partner, we look for a different cat.
But then I thought about Peanut, she was nearing wild, when I had her, but I won her over, so we decided to go for it.
The lovely staff in the  centre even commented that she was a bit lively, I said, I'd already found that out.
She will have been home a week tomorrow, and I swear, you'd think she has been here since birth.
What a beautiful, gentle, calm, laid back cat she is.....nothing like the enclosure, it must have been the circumstances, Evan has had all his mates in to look at her, they stroke her, she loves it. she is going to be one spoilt and loved cat...but I reckon we will get that back from her too.
Llys nini, it was fate, I just awoke that day out of the blue, I wanted another cat.....welcome Orlando.
The pics say it all, the enclosure, chilled on my lap, watching my fish...we just love her :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment